20 October 2008

Obama on Technology:Creative Brief

Ivan Cruz
Obama on Technology Microsite
Interactive Design 2
20 October 2008
“Let us be the generation that reshapes our
economy to compete in the digital age…” Barack Obama.
To achieve this, I wanted to represent the “digital age” as a cloud. This cloud metaphor is used in technical illustrations and also in “cloud computing” where a computer goes online wirelessly. I used the democratic blue color to represent the Democratic Party. This site is about information and I wanted it to be smooth and clean. The words and the paragraphs all come from the cloud—the metaphor of the Internet sending and receiving information. I used the eagle and stars to give the cloud more of a presidential/democratic document feel.
The target audience I wanted to reach is the Blogger. These people have high-speed Internet and have the power to spread the word. They are mostly males around the ages of 20 to 35. By adding the “addthis” button on the lower right hand corner, I am able to reach this audience and in turn get free publicity and media attention.

No comments: